As we walked around and saw all the people walking to the temple I thought about how wonderful it would be to live somewhere where you could walk to the temple. I hope we live near enough to a temple one day that we can take our kids over there for a Sunday afternoon or FHE so we can all just enjoy the spirit there.
It was fun to walk around BYU. I never attended BYU and Mark just did for one summer term but it is just a fun place to walk around. As we walked around we explained to Jared what BYU was and why people were there. After we talked about BYU we asked him if thought he would ever like to go there and he said "No, I am not really interested." I just want him to go to college, it doesn't really matter if it is BYU. He tells us all the time he wants to be a construction worker and I always say "that sounds good you can go to school and study construction management." We will see. But just in case he does want to go to BYU here are some pictures of his first time there.
The rest of the time we were in Utah he always asked where the Y on the mountain was and was excited to see it. He does love the BYU hat and football we got him.
We went down to Provo another day and spent some time at the new Provo Rec Center. It is amazing and such a deal! It only costs 4 dollars to go in. They have indoor and outdoor water features, slides, a lazy river, a rock climbing wall where you fall into the water, a waterfall to jump off, big slides and a zero entry pool. They also have lap pools and pools to just swim in. Check it out if you are in Provo.
We also spent one afternoon floating down the Provo River.
Kierstin, Hannah, Mikaela, Aprillee
(Mark's sister Susan's fun girls)
Mark went last year with some family members but Lydia was so little I stayed home with her and Jared. So it was my turn to go this year. I looked forward to it all year! I was so excited when we got there and then I found out that I am really bad at steering inter tubes. In my defense it mostly had to do with the distance between the inter tube, the River and my arms. I crashed into so many trees! It took me forever and a day to make it to the halfway point. I felt bad for all the other family members waiting for rme. I just could not reach the water. My arms were so chaffed they were bleeding. It is so painful! Then Kierstin Mark's niece told me if I leaned back farther in the tube instead of sitting in it so low I could reach the water easier. GENIUS! Where was she the first 2 minutes I was in the river? Oh right way ahead with the other people who knew how to steer. As you can see in the picture above I am quite a bit shorter then these fun girls and they could reach the water a lot easier then me. So I enjoyed the second half of the float a lot more. I was by far the most improved "floater" and didn't crash once the second half. I am toatlly going to do it again to show that inter tube who is in charge!
So Provo is a really fun place to visit!






No comments:
Post a Comment