Wednesday, May 11, 2016

May the Force Be With You






Jared has been anxiously waiting to watch the new Star Wars movie ever since he heard it was coming out.  Since it was rated PG-13 we told him he wouldn't be able to see it when it came out but one day he would be able to.  That day was last Saturday. Courtesy of VidAngel we were able to show it to Jared and Lydia with a group of their friends.  We had the Shaw's and Wooter's come over for dinner and then enjoyed the movie with some fun Star Wars themed snacks.

Julie brought:
Teddy Grahams - Ewoks
Seven Layer Bean Dip - Seven Leia dip with Storm Scoopers for chips
Canolis - Obi Wan Canoli's

I made Pretzel Rod Light Sabers and Star Wars Jello with our molds.



The movie was pretty long but Jared loved it and Lydia enjoyed it too.  Mark and I have rented it from Red Box a few weeks ago and had basically told Jared everything that happened but he was happy to see it. He thought Kylo Ren's tantrums were hilarious and he loves BB8. Lydia also loves BB8 and thinks Rey is pretty great too. I am glad we could make it a fun night with great friends.

1 comment:

JessieLeigh said...

This sounds SO FUN. I love the snack ideas. Hilarious.