Sunday, October 14, 2018

Conference Trip


Mark is so close to putting in his 2 weeks notice at the airport.  I feel like I have written this a lot but now there is a new station manager.  He went in to talk to her about changing his schedule on Thursday.  Last Fall he was hired on as part time but the manager said doing 2 nights was fine.  Then the manager changed and the new one said he had to do 3 nights.  Now he has been in school for over a month and feels like 3 nights is too many.  So he brought up switching back to 2 nights and the new person asked if he could wait until after the hiring fair (in 2 weeks) and then they could talk and he said okay.  Its nice that this person is actually willing to talk to him about it but if she can't make it happen then he will call it good.

Mark Jared and Lydia left to head out to Utah Thursday night.  They were hoping to catch a direct flight from Dulles in Northern VA to Salt Lake City.  A friend of ours was driving up to Northern VA to stay with his in laws and then go to a work meeting the next morning.  The three of them were able to catch a ride with him stay the night and then make the direct flight.  It worked out perfectly.  Once in Utah they had fun with cousins, went swimming with Grandma Sue and had In-N-Out Burger.  Mark and Jared took TRAX into Salt Lake for the first session on Saturday and were there for the new schedule announcement, which we are all super excited about!  It will be so much better for all those kids!


It was Jared and Mark's first time attending a session in the Conference Center.  I actually didn't know that Mark had not attended one in there yet.  Jared enjoyed it and was amazed at how big the room was.  They flew back early Sunday and were able to fly into Charlottesville which was so nice.

I had a lovely quiet weekend at home.  People asked me what I was going to do and I said whatever I wanted to do.  I made conference cinnamon rolls, went clothes shopping, slept in, organized some closets, went on a long walk by Chris Greene Lake, watched all of conference with no distractions, and attended the women's session with a friend.  It was such a nice weekend and I was so happy to welcome them back Sunday evening.  I was also so happy to hear it announced that my hometown, Yuba City is a new temple spot!  I was not expecting it in the least.  I am sure it will be on the North side of town so people in Chico will be closer to one.  They had either Medford OR (3.5 + hours away) or Sacramento (just under 2 hours away).  It will be great.  I talked to my Mom and she told me that she just burst into tears.  Sacramento is about 50 minute away for her so not too bad but 15 minutes will be amazing.  There are lots of good people there and I'm so happy for them.

No comments: