Sunday, October 14, 2018

Happy Birthday Jared!


It was a very Harry Potter birthday this year which was in no way surprising.  Friday after school Jared had Marcus, Tyler and Sam over for cake and playing.  I had a fun time making his cake and some fun theme snacks.  He requested Harry Potter Legos, a complete set of the books, and a quidditch cake.  I was determined to find the books with the original art work because I already had Year 6 and 7 and planned on passing them on to him.  I went onto eBay and was fortunate enough to find books 1- 5 that were hardcover and the original art work.  I had to bid on them and got them for 32 dollars!  5 hardcover books for 32 dollars.  It was great.  I told him about bidding but then didn't ever tell him that I actually won.  For his balloons this year I chose a gold one for the snitch and then 2 of each house color.  On each balloon I wrote three different spells.  It was fun.


I made butter beer, broomsticks and sorting hat cookies.  The butter beer was delicious and the sorting hats were a hit.  His friend Marcus actually went to Harry Potter world this Summer and said that my butter beer was better than the stuff he had there.  I was happy I found a good recipe. They played quidditch in the yard while I made the butter beer and after cake and snacks they went off into the woods with their wands.  Everyone had a great time and Jared felt very celebrated.

Butter Beer, the topping was so yummy. 






Expelliarmus!

Leftover cake on Sunday, his actual birthday. 

We enjoyed crepes and chocolate milk for breakfast and meat rolls and Ham, Potato, and Broccoli Soup for dinner.  Originally he was kind of bummed his birthday was on a Sunday but had a fun day in the end.  He spent the morning in bed reading Harry Potter and then played Settlers in Zarahemla with Mark and Lydia.  

9 Year old Birthday Interview

1. What is your favorite color? Blue

2. What is your favorite toy? Harry Potter robe and wands

3. What is your favorite fruit? Grapes

4. What is your favorite movie? Harry Potter 3

5. What do you do well? Spell Duels

6. What do you like to do with Daddy? Play catch

7. What makes you happy? Playing Harry Potter 

8. What is your favorite scripture story? The Stripling Warriors

9. What is your favorite song? Army of Helaman

10. What is your favorite animal? Orca

11. What is your favorite book? Harry Potter

12. Who is your best friend? Marcus, Tyler and Sam

13. Where is your favorite place to go?  Harry Potter World (not that he's been)

14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play in the woods

15. What is your favorite drink? Mom's Butter Beer

16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas (my birthday and Halloween)

17. What do you like to do with Mommy?  Go on Pottermore

18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Crepes

19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday?  Ham, Potato, and Broccoli Soup


20. What do you want to be when you grow up? No idea whatsoever


No comments: