Last year we planned to celebrate Pi day with two family friends. We ended up canceling as that was the first weekend that states really began shutting down. Looking back I am pretty sure we could have safely celebrated together but we followed the rules. The four of us still had pie and it was still delicious. This year we invited one family over for pie and games Sunday afternoon. They brought a key lime pie over and I made a triple berry pie and Lydia made a frozen yogurt pie. They were all beautiful and delicious.
Notice the selection of holiday plates I put out? Autumn, Thanksgiving, New Years and Lydia's birthday. No need to buy new ones as we had leftovers from plenty of past holidays with just the 4 of us.
After visiting a bit and the kids goofing off for a bit we played a few rounds of Pie Face, so perfect for Pi day and Telestrations which is way more fun with more people. I had played it with Jared and Lydia the Sunday before and it was fine but these rounds were quite silly. It was a fun afternoon together. It really felt like a normal weekend. Were looking forward to finishing off our weekends here in Charlottesville as safely as possible with friends and adventures.






No comments:
Post a Comment