skip to main | skip to sidebar

Find Joy in the Journey

"Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. Make the extra effort. You will be happier. You will know new satisfactions. A new gladness in your heart." Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Saint Patrick's Day

 I'm not sure what Saint Patrick's Day will look like next year in Egypt. Jared and Lydia love celebrating this day.  Leprechauns are very real to them.  Since we don't do Santa Claus at Christmas I think this is the next best thing for them. Each year a "leprechaun" comes and messes up our house. Furniture is moved around, pictures are turned upside down and a treat is left for them.  We are visited by very mischievous but harmless leprechauns. Some years they make leprechaun traps and other years they make rest stops. This year they wanted to sleep in the basement because in previous years that is where they set up their traps/rest stops so they associate the chance to catch a leprechaun with the basement.  Last night after dinner they made a huge fort to sleep in and stayed down there even though they did not make traps or rest stops. 

They woke up to an obstacle course which led them to a little guessing game for their treat. (Skittles this year).  Their stuffed animals were mixed up and there were Lucky Charms and Fruit Loops for breakfast. Then Lydia and Mark left for school and Jared and I worked here at home.  After I finished working at noon Jared and I headed over to a friends house for a fun Saint Patrick's day gathering. Everyone brought rainbow/leprechaun themed food and the family planned a cute scavenger hunt. 

 Once we picked Lydia up from school we made a rainbow themed snack and then Jared discovered a green clue on our picture board.  It contained a riddle that said " What is said to be at the end of a rainbow?  Go find a rainbow and see if its true."   Lydia had recently commented that the rainbow from her reading nook was missing and she wondered if the leprechaun had stolen it.  They looked all over our house, missed the rainbow the first time and then found it the second time around. 








Sprite and Lime sherbet.  We will see if lime sherbet is a thing in Cairo.Shar e
 
Edit
Zoom
Info
Favorite
Delete






Posted by Aprillee at 4:33 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Lisbon Portugal

Mark and Aprillee

Mark and Aprillee

Jared Hyrum

Jared Hyrum

Lydia Grace

Lydia Grace

People we love to read about!

  • Nancy and Andrew
    4 days ago
  • Charles Family
    2 months ago
  • Bridget of Arabia
    3 months ago
  • Tara and Davin
    8 years ago
  • Melissa and Patrick
    10 years ago
  • Kimberly
    12 years ago
  • Leavitt Family
  • Becca and Jeff
  • Linda and Seth

Blog Archive

  • ►  2023 (1)
    • ►  October (1)
  • ►  2022 (3)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ▼  2021 (76)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (13)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ▼  March (7)
      • Released
      • Saint Patrick's Day
      • Pi day
      • Richmond
      • Back to School in person (one year later)
      • Biking (happy and annoying stories)
      • Rented, dates, indexing and work
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2020 (91)
    • ►  December (9)
    • ►  November (11)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (7)
    • ►  July (11)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2019 (83)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (8)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (4)
    • ►  April (7)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ►  2018 (84)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (7)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2017 (67)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (5)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (8)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2016 (58)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (6)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (7)
  • ►  2015 (79)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (7)
    • ►  August (8)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2014 (109)
    • ►  December (12)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (10)
    • ►  July (13)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (9)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ►  2013 (91)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (8)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (7)
  • ►  2012 (79)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2011 (72)
    • ►  December (7)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (8)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2010 (68)
    • ►  December (7)
    • ►  November (8)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (7)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (8)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2009 (83)
    • ►  December (7)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (8)
    • ►  July (8)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (8)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2008 (24)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (4)

I love to read!

Aprillee's bookshelf: read

The Kite Runner A Poisoned Season And Only to Deceive Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

More of Aprillee's books »
Book recommendations, book reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists
 

Jared's Jargon

*After reading 4 piggie and elephant books: "I just read all these books, reading is kind of fun!" 12-30-15
December 2015
*When I grow up I'm going to be a be a gold digger in California
*After watching Toy Story 3 August 2015
A: "Jared and Lydia I will miss you when you go to college!"
J: "I don't want to go to College" while sobbing. I will miss you too much.
A: Jared, college is so far away you just started Kindergarten! Still crying... Jared how far is UVA?
J: 5 minutes
A: its about 20, does college have to be far away?
J: No
A: We can still have Sunday dinners!
* After learning to pump on the swings. May 2015
I was swinging next to jared and he looked over and said:
J: "This is so magical!"
A: "Being able to pump on the swing?"
J: " Yes it makes me want to cry"
A: "Because you are so happy?"
J: "Yes, tears of happiness"
* One weekend we were at the DC temple and ran into some friends from our ward. The wife had just finished being in the temple and was looking for her husband and baby. She saw Mark, Jared, and Lydia and told them she was looking for her baby. Jared and Lydia were happy to help look. The first thing Jared said to her was : "Where did you last see your baby?" He was completely serious.
*While watching Meet the Mormons at DC visitors center
J:" Mommy I think I have a drinking problem because I always want to drink soda."
*While playing with a little nativity set I put out for them: Jared suddenly says: "We need to say a prayer before we play," then he proceeded to pray over the "Nack-tivity'"
* While Mark was out of town I let Jared sleep in my bed with me one night. When I told him it was time to get up the next morning this is what he said:
J: My bed is not like this! I don't want to get up!
*After I explained what word families are (to teach him how to read) and we had done a few: "Word Families are amazing to me! Thank you for teaching me word families they are so awesome." August 2014
* "Mommy? I say I love you when I forget what I was going to say."
*In Primary with Grandma Sue in Utah
J: "Do you want to know what I want to be when I grow up?"
Bishop: "There is nothing I want to know more"
J: "I just want to be one of those guys who pass the Sacrament."
*During FHE with Uncle Bret who was thanking all the kids for praying for his recovery:
J: "I said your name so many times!!"
*A: Do you want some more Orange chicken?
J: No, I want more broccoli, I love broccoli! (Never thought I would hear him say that)
*J: These guys need to watch where they are going. Probably they don't have eyes.
* J: These mini muffins are so good
A: Yeah, they are so cute
J: Mommy, you're so cute.
*Mommy, my work out is going potty, I work out a lot.
*J: Mommy when I get older you should marry me.
A: But I already married your dad
J: You can marry us both then.
*I love you to the moon and I love you.
*During Prayer
J: Thank you for Mommy, and Daddy, and Lydia and Jared, that's me.
*While visiting BYU
M: do you think you would like to go to school here?
J: No I am not really interested.
*A: You are the sweetest little boy
J: You are the sweetest Mommy
*A: I am so lucky to be your Mom
J: I am so lucky to be your Mom (sometimes he says brother too rarely son/boy)
*I love Tickle drinks! (soda)
*After church:
A: My stomach hurts
J: Why does your tummy hurt?
A: Because we were at church so I couldn't eat
J: Good thing Heavenly Father gave you bread and water
*"Why did Heavenly Father give Lydia blue eyes? I wanted blue eyes not green eyes."
* "My foot told me to stop running"
* "I love my workers constructions." Feb 2013
*"SO...my day was good." Almost every night while we eat dinner.
*J:I want my shirt off
A: Why do you want to take it off?
J: So I can be like hurt Jesus. (based off crucifiction picture in New Testament stories his favorite one)
*A: Why do you think Lydia's having such a hard time sleeping?
J: Good Question. To SO MANY questions.
*Lets go to Old McDonalds for lunch!"
"I Love you the moon and back!"
*"I hope I make it!" (while playing with his basketball hoop)
*Korihor need sign, Amalikiah mean guy, Moroni good guy!" (when we read the scritpures again and again)
*I get out of bed ... No
*Lyd-IAT
* "I comin!!"
*My Jammas! (pajamas)
*Tiny and Cute (when asked what his sister was like)


Lydia's Lines

*I'm feeling much more better now." Fall 2015
*I wanted ________ but I'm fine with that_______ (whatever she got) Fall 2015
* " I like Fruit Lips" (Loops)
*"That's what I've been dreaming of!" She says this about most things she likes (a dinner we made, an outing we planned like the library, a shirt she wears)
*This Broccoli is tickling my teeth (why she did't want to eat it)
*After Jared's birthday party
L: I want a Smee cake and party!
*I just kidding...
*"I take a smile" When we get ready to take a picture or she wants to take one of us.
"I have idea!"
"Oh... my gosh!"
" That bother me"
"I not like it at all"