Our house was rented within 12 hours of it being listed. We were not terribly worried about it being rented but that was fast! A JAG (Navy) family will be coming here this Summer for the 11 month course and they snatched it up. Even if it means getting a different renter each year we are happy to go that route with JAG families. I went biking with a friend here last week who's husband is with the JAG and she told me that they have friends coming here for the course and those friends actually reached out to them wanting them to check out the house for them. When her husband heard the address he laughed and said " we know them, its our Bishop! They are the nicest people and its a great house/location." They live in the big neighborhood about 1 mile away from our house. Mark apparently had hinted to this family that we would likely be moving when they went sledding one day while I was at UVA, which I had no clue about. As we started the rental process another JAG friend offered to post our house on the JAG Facebook page but we declined because we have 3 JAG families in our ward and we were waiting as long as possible for word to get out. Really, it would have been fine to do that but it worked out great doing it they way we did. We are really glad to have that checked off our LONG to do list.
Lydia and I went on an ice cream walk date, Mark and I walked around the downtown mall for our date, I couldn't even remember the last time I had gone down there and Mark and Jared had an indexing date.
The snow piles from the last storm have stuck around much longer than they normally do.
"See you when its safe"
Mark participated in some of the church sponsored Roots Tech conference over the weekend. From that he decided to see if Jared would be interested in indexing so they worked on a few batches together and Jared really enjoyed it. Mark had Jared join our ward group and he set a goal for himself. The next day he worked with Lydia on some batches and she did really well. So on Sunday we spent some time indexing together as a whole family which is a perfect Sunday activity. Its nice we could all do it together.
This past weekend I also went thorough my seasonal decorations and sorted them all. I filled a container to take to Egypt, a box to store here, and a container to have a friend go through to take what she wants then she said she would take it to Goodwill. It felt great. I am happy to get things like this done.
Work has been intense the last 2 weeks. I work part time, 20 hours a week. Two weeks ago I worked 32.5 hours and last week I worked 40 hours. It's grad recruiting season and it is just a ton of coordinating and scheduling. On top of that we had interviews for my position, 2 faculty candidate interviews and interviews for the Halsey visiting professorship. Every February is crazy but this was even more so. Adding in zoom stuff just complicated it more but last weekend was the first recruiting weekend and it went really well. We had a lot more recruits than last year so that added to the crazy. This weekend is the next set of events and then we are done. It feels so good to have it all done.






No comments:
Post a Comment