Friday, April 22, 2011

April Fun

I love holiday baking and do not think it should at all be just at Christmastime.  I realized that I didn't really have any special things I liked to bake at Easter so I quickly rectified that situation. My most favorite Easter candy are the mini-Cadbury Egss, not the creme ones those are just gross to me but the delicious hard shell chocolate ones. So when I saw a RECIPE for Chocolate Cadbury cookies you could bet I was interested. They turned out so good, yum!


Then I saw a recipe for BUNNY BUNS!  And how cute were they.  When I found out they were orange flavored I knew I had to make them.  I made them today and am so impressed with them.  You know how you look at food blogs and then you make the food and it looks nothing like the pictures on the blog?  Well I am thrilled to report that my Bunny Buns came out looking just like the picture!  And they taste amazing.  They will for sure be made every Easter.


Jared and I have also been making lots of fun Spring, Easter and Earth Day crafts including finger painting a paper bunny with chocolate pudding to make it look like a chocolate Easter Bunny. Jared mostly just wanted to eat the pudding (he had never had it before) but we did a little finger painting with it too.  



And lastly at my Primary Presidency meeting we made some super cute flower pens.  I have always wanted a flower pen so we made some for our teachers and some extra ones for the Presidency. The card says "Thanks for growing with us"



Who needs to know how to sew to be crafty? Just kidding well, kind of.  I think it would be really great if I knew how to sew or had a sewing machine.  If I had a sewing machine I might try to sew and then I could be super crafty but until then it will be lots of glue.

Have a Happy Easter!

4 comments:

veryterry said...

April IS fun! I thought for sure I'd see frosted sugar cookie eggs, but those cadbury ones look pretty darn yummy. We may try out those Easter bunny rolls for tomorrow. Looks fun. I'm so glad Jared gets to have such great fun with such a creative mommy.

Linda said...

Cute Pen!! The cookies look delicious too! Happy Easter!! :-)

Rebecca said...

You are so crafty! I've been meaning to try out the bunny buns. We just never seem to have oj when I'm ready to make them. Yours look amazing though!

veryterry said...

first of all...yes, I am really writing this message at 2am. Second, I just ate THREE of those bunny rolls in a row! They are so dang yummy and I somehow magically ended up with a glaze that makes them taste exactly like Christmas morning. I sort of combined two recipes from comments on the original blog the bunnies were posted on.

Powdered sugar
orange juice from the zested orange
1/2 t. almond extract

AND

1/2 cup sour cream, 3/4 cup sugar( I didn't do this much...I did more powdered sugar), 2 TB orange juice concentrate ( didn't have any so I just used orange zest), and 1/4 cup butter. Mix well and then boil without stirring. It's thin, but yummy and has so much flavor.

Love you! And thanks again for posting this recipe.