So now that the weather is
almost consistently nice out I have begun walking again. And this year I have even started jogging. I haven't jogged, and I use that term loosely in years! So now I jog Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and take walks Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It's been great. Although it will be awhile before I can jog the whole length of my "route" I am already getting better (i.e not gasping for breath half way up the hill) from the last 2 weeks. I also just set up a profile on
myfitnesspal.com and am excited to start using it. It has you enter your exercise for the day and you enter in what food you ate that day. Today I was 300 calories over my limit which was set at 1320 calories a day based on my weight loss goal. Although I didn't know that was my limit when today started. I will certainly miss those Costco French toast muffins! Each one alone is 710 calories which is more than 1/2 of my allotted calories for the day. Too bad we have like 12 in the freezer. I think I will let myself eat 1/2 of one. I would like to lose 10 pounds before we become pregnant again. It's also too bad that there are now 2 frozen yogurt shops within 5 miles of us... good thing they are self serve so I can get just a little. Wish me luck! And if you want we can become friends on my fitness pal too and cheer each other on!
P.S. Here is a cute picture of the little boy to thank you for reading this post. Mark had to hold him because it is becoming increasingly difficult to get a picture of him standing still.
4 comments:
Way to go, sister! I set my alarm to go exercise early this morning and it just didn't happen. Again. I think I will have to start working out right after the girls go to bed. Maybe I will sign up for the fitness pal and see if that help get me more motivated. Good luck to you!
Good for you! I just started working out again this week. Maybe I'll check out the fitnesspal. It sounds pretty cool and it would be nice to have some motivation at 5:30 am to get out of bed!
I just signed up for myfitness pal and filled out my first food chart. The calorie counter is awesome! Takes all the guess-work and label reading out of the process. As soon Ryan gets back from class and the girls are in bed I'm gonna go work out. Thanks for recommending the website!
Okay so I am totally going to be one of your fitness pals. I want to loose 10 more pounds too so maybe this will help me. I agree with Susanna, sometimes getting up in the mornings before the kids is so hard. Maybe I need to go on more walks. I do have nice weather to do that here in CA.
Post a Comment