Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

We had a very nice Easter.  I had so much fun doing my sharing time and once we got home from church we had a fun little Easter Egg hunt with Jared.  Inside of course since it snowed Easter Eve and was cloudy/rainy Easter day. I heard someone say "You can count on a green Christmas and white Easter in Colorado Springs. Very accurate thus far. We went to some friends house for dinner and then I went to an Easter Concert that was AMAZING!  Each year Sally Deford who lives here in the Springs (Cool huh? she wrote the new theme SONG for the Primary Program if you have heard it well, I might as well link to it, you know how I love my links) conducts and often writes a new, Easter Cantata.  I love her arrangements of existing hymns and her original pieces.  It was so moving.  I know a few people who often sing in it so it was nice to see some people I knew participating in this amazing performance. I think music is the most powerful way to feel/invite the spirit. I am so glad that I went.

He loved the pinwheel!




 Once he noticed there were eggs all over the place he really got into the Egg hunt.  I am sure we will do a few more this week before I put away the Easter stuff.  It is really cute to watch him look for the eggs.

We also had fun dyeing Easter eggs.  LAST year Jared wasn't too involved but this year he did a great job dyeing eggs he almost always dropped them in softly.  We tired to take a REPEAT picture of him with his bunny ears but he was really not interested in wearing them.




The Green one that says JAM stands for Jared, April, and Mark.  Can you spell something with your families initials? We will be in trouble next time we have a baby because what can you spell with a L or T or C + J A M?


I love making new traditions.  I wanted to make sure I stocked up on the mini-Cadbury eggs and had to go to 4 different stores to find them.  But I prevailed and got three bags.   So good.
Too bad there is not a big, decorating holiday again until July!

3 comments:

pointeblanker said...

Wow, his height and leanness make him look even older :(
but SO handsome in his Easter vest!

Unknown said...

Mmm! Mini cadburry eggs. Sometimes I really miss living in the States! ;)

I love seeing the pictures. Jared's getting so big!

And I LOVE Sally DeFord. I bet that was so wonderful!

Happy Easter!!

Joseph and Kimberly said...

What names do the L T and C stand for. It looks like you have so much fun doing crafts. I need to do more with me kids but I find that with three I usually end up with a lot of mess and not very much craft.