I have never been one of those people who could say that they love to eat. I enjoy eating and do it on a very regular basis but it has never been my thing. I am now looking forward to the day that I even want to eat. I figured that once I was through with my first trimester I would be all about eating. Wrong. No food except popcorn, KIX cereal and Macaroni and cheese even sound good to me. It is not because I am nauseous or feel sick, I feel fine food is just really unappealing to me. We went out to ice cream today and I wasn't even that excited. (Talk about weird! Although going to ice cream was fun because we met up with our friend Whitney from Cairo who happened to be in Denver for a wedding!) I am finding this very frustrating.
I am a very organized person and every week Mark and I plan out all our dinners and make our grocery list so we have everything we need and do not have to play the "what's for dinner game" (pretty much the most annoying game ever) every night. Now we make our list and nothing sounds good. Then when the night comes and we make the food I have to force myself to eat it.
This also leads to another food problem. I am trying really hard to eat extra healthy food but it sounds so gross to me! I actually feel fine until I try to eat a salad or something good for me. Then I start gagging, never fun. So then not only is eating not fun but I feel bad because I do not eat the proper amount of fruit, grain, dairy, vegetable or any other food group I am supposed to eat so much of. Do these food poeple really think their new and improved pyramid is a realistic way to eat?? I personally do not.
Now I am not going to feel all guilty and think I am a terrible person or that I will be an awful mom because that is silly and I know that I am not that only person who has felt this way. I just want to want to eat again! If anyone has some really amazing recipes please send them my way, maybe I just need some new ideas?
In other news, Mark has been applying to jobs all over the place. (Well, Colorado mostly then Wyoming and Idaho) He saw 8 postings and applied to them just today. One job in Idaho Falls has been filled (not by Mark) so those chances are getting smaller. But there were 3 in Fort Collins, 1 more in Evanston (our first choice weird huh?) and like 4 in Colorado Springs. We are excited to see history jobs being posted. Last week the school he has been working at had a department meeting about teaches needed for next year and there was a mysterious "teacher x" so it appears they do need a teacher there and the department really likes Mark (who wouldn't) so at least he has a foot in there. Believe me as soon as we know anything we will be posting where we will be going! I cannot wait for the end of May and to like food again!!
4 days ago






4 comments:
I knew this post was going to be about the only things you felt like eating when I saw the title! I finally did start branching out a little on what sounds good to eat. I was stuck on Mac and Cheese for over a month. Now it doesn't even sound very good. I will email you some new recipes I've been trying. They moved my ultrasound appointment back one week so now I won't know until the 12th. So hard to wait! Talk to you soon. love ya.
Don't feel bad about not eating totally balanced. I know I only ever wanted to eat pizza and frostys. And I really am not one to like pizza very often so that was weird. If I ate anything else I had to have a glass of milk or there was no way I could eat it. I think even with milk my diet consisted mostly of baked potatoes, cinnamon toast crunch, toast and of course pizza. oh! And oatmeal and raisins. Man - that sounds really awful - I'm sure there was fruit and vegetables too.
Good luck! I'm glad you're not sick at least.
With Xan, all I ate for the first four months was smoothies. Don't feel bad!
Good luck with the job hunting!
April.. We are so excited for you and your soon to be little bundle! I'm sorry I haven't been able to respond sooner, I have been spreading myself a little too thin lately. Eat what you can, and your little one will turn out fine. When I was pregnant with Ameliah, I could hardly eat anything.. but somehow she turned out GREAT. We are anxious to hear where you guys will be adventuring to next. I hope Wyoming works out.. that pay difference would be nice!
Post a Comment