Monday, June 8, 2009

Finally



21 and 1/2 weeks!

Last night as Mark and I were laying in bed reading I felt something inside of me! I didn't think too much of it until I felt the same sort of movement again soon after. I said to Mark, "I think I just felt Jared!" I put my hand back on my lower tummy to see if I felt anything again and a few minutes later it happened again! So I got really excited and had Mark move his hand over and after a few minutes he felt it too! It was so fun!
When I had my ultrasound I was informed that I have an anterior placenta so it is in the front so there is a big cushion between Jared and I. I had read that most people feel their baby move anywhere from 16 weeks (second pregnancy people) to 20 weeks. Since I was informed of the placenta position and I had really no idea what to expect I wasn't expecting to feel anything for awhile. Well, I was just laying down reading again and I felt the same movement! It's so cool!!! It's so fun to know that he is in there doing something. I hope he is comfortable. It felt like he was just kicking against me. I love all these things that make Jared seem more real.
As you can see in this picture I do not necessarily look pregnant but I look more like I have just gained weight. Oh well. As you can see on the counter we are 21 1/2 weeks. It's nice to know we are half way done and everything has gone really well. I for sure feel more tired after doing things like walking around the park but other than that I feel great. Jared has been treating me well and I am so thankful! Tomorrow we head down to Colorado Springs to check out Mark's school and housing options. Should be fun.

4 comments:

PeggyB said...

I'm so glad you are feeling Jared and getting to enjoy the miracle of "growing" a baby. I absolutely loved having a friend with me all the time. I was never lonely when I was pregnant! You look beautiful!

Lydia said...

Yay! That's always exciting. I was lucky and felt Eliza at 16 weeks, and each subsequent one after that sooner. No sooner than 14, though. ;)

Michele said...

That is so exciting. You look awesome too for being 21 weeks. Can't wait to see pictures of this little Jared. Good luck with Colorado Springs. Chris' brother & his family lived there for awhile and loved it. The zoo is amazing. You can actually feed the giraffes. Make sure you go sometime.

Nieces AND a Nephew! said...

Wow, you look all growed up more than ever before, luv ya and so happy for you!