Besides the huge relief that it is to have a full time job, the school district we are moving too is a really strong district. Now if Mark really likes it then we know that our kids will be going to really good schools and Mark will be working in a much better district then Greeley. Mark did really enjoy his long term sub job here and would love to be teaching high school but I think he will enjoy his job situation more in Colorado Springs. I also think his students will love him. We are just really excited and super relieved! Mark has his new teachers orientation July 27th so we will be moving down there around July 25th or so, which works out great because our lease is up August 01. I love seeing how the Lord's plan works out. I don't love the waiting but the end results are always reassuring.
In other good news, I got a call from the woman here in charge of Insurance benefits (for Greeley School District) and she now has the paperwork needed to get me switched onto COBRA, which means that I get the same insurance coverage as I have had only we pay the premium instead of the school district since I will not be working for them. It is a relief to have all of that in order for October. It is too bad that I will have to get another doctor but I will at least have all of my last trimester to get to know them. (Colorado Spring is just over 2 hours away from Greeley so too far to drive up here that often for appointments and it sounds a little risky for when Jared is ready to come)
In the least of the good news I got my haircut Saturday and am less than thrilled with the results. Its not an awful cut just not what I expected. But, for the past month or so I have been looking for a hat and I found one today so that works out well! It is just what I wanted nice and ismple. I also switched my part from the center to the side and that helps the haircut some. The funny thing is that on the hat there is the logo, Life is Good (I don't know if it is all over the U.S. or what but here in Colorado, especially up in Estes Park in the mountains, every other store carries products by that company) which I think is very fitting for us. I put a picture of my hair mostly because Susanna requested it and the hat because I looked in so many stores and the logo fits the post!
It would have been better if I was not wearing a hooded sweatshirt but we are having an awesome rainy day so I was happy for the chance to wear a sweatshirt again. Its only like 51 degrees here today and it rained all morning. So nice!
Oh and one more thing that shows life is so good, we had gotten a few chips in our windshield this past winter and on Thursday we got one more but this one started cracking across the drivers side so we needed to take it in. Well, we went to our insurance company and got it fixed today for no cost to us! When we moved here we switched our policy around a bit since we were no longer in California. We actually upgraded our policy and added gravel protection and still paid less then what we had to pay in California. We are so glad that we added that to out policy!
So this was a lot of news so it may be awhile before I post again. I guess I could have broken it up...thanks for reading!
So this was a lot of news so it may be awhile before I post again. I guess I could have broken it up...thanks for reading!








6 comments:
Yay! Although I am kinda disappointed that you won't be moving to Idaho. ;) We'll try and make the roadtrip on the way back work so that we can dip down to CO and visit. Love the part on the side. I think it looks great.
I like your haircut! And the part on the side is cute, too. Congrats to Mark on the job...that's got to be a relief. It sounds like all is well at the Spencer house. It's nice to hear...can't wait to see posts of your new home and Mark's school...Love you!
Congrats! What a relief to know. And I love your hair cut. Maybe we'll move to Aurora and then we'll only be an hour away from each other!
Aprillee, you are crazy... you're hair looks great! I am glad life is so good for you guys!!
Well...I think the haircut looks very nice! I bet it is even cuter in person. Thanks for posting the picture. Love ya.
Congratulations on everything! Isn't in nice when life moves smoothly?
We've been looking into teaching, possibly, if a PhD program doesn't pan out...how did you guys get into that?
Post a Comment