is hot and far away but still a fun place to visit and visit only. We spent about a week there visiting Mark's sister Kristi and my dear friend Becca and Mark's good friend Brandon, stopping by this big hole and learning the difference between Cactus and Cacti. Jared mastered it pretty quick. We are happy we could go down there but unfortunately Jared and I both got really bad colds the first night we were there. (Then Mark got sick the day before we left.) Mark's sister Kristi has a cute 19 month old little girl and I was so worried about getting her sick. Nobody wants to be the parent who brings their sick kid places, I promise we were perfectly healthy before we left. We did manage to have some fun though but didn't take many pictures because I was using all my energy to just feel alive. It was nice to get to visit with Kristi and Ben because I feel like we never get to so that was great. We drove down to Tuscon to visit Becca who I hadn't seen in years. I love that even though I hadn't seen Becca in so long we picked up like we had just seen each other. It was such a nice visit. She is such a great example to me. I love being around her.
The day before we left we went and visited a little farm in town. We rode a train, fed some animals, played on the playgrounds and had a special snack.
We stopped by the little store/snack place and were debating about whether to get a muffin or cinnamon roll. We asked Jared which he wanted and he kept saying he wanted a cookie. Again and again. We finally decided on a cinnamon roll and when we told the lady she said there was special that day for people who bought cinnamon rolls. They would get a free cookie with it. It was so sweet of her. Jared was thrilled. It's so nice when people are nice to your kids like that.
I hope if I ever visit Arizona again we can go in like November. I am just not a hot weather kind of girl and it was only like 85! But really 85 in March is a little weird coming from Colorado. It was so good to see so many fun people.






No comments:
Post a Comment