We spent Easter at Mark's Mom's house in Utah. I made sure we took some of our traditions with us. We dyed eggs, ate bunny buns, and had multiple egg hunts. Lydia loved hunting Easter Eggs but wasn't too keen on her Bunny ears.
It was a little stressful dyeing eggs with Lydia so we did one then improvised.
"Official Egg Hunt" Easter morning.
Mark's Mom's backyard faces a golf course so she often has a collection of golf balls in her yard. Jared loves picking them up. So we had a couple of golf ball hunts. On day Jared collected them all and kept wanting to go out to see if the golfers hit any more balls into the yard. Grandma Sue has a tupperware container full of golf balls so she threw them out in the grass for Jared to pick up. He may have liked it more then the egg hunt.
Matching uppercase and lowercase letter eggs
Finding surprises in eggs and practicing opening and closing them
Play Doh Jewelled Eggs
The favorite: Finger Painting with chocolate pudding. We made our own chocolate bunnies. It smelled so good and was such messy fun.
I recently read that ARTICLE floating around Facebook about people scaling down Holidays and had so many emotions. Her reaction made TOTAL sense but I absolutely LOVE doing these fun activities. I personally am not into the over the top birthday parties and I try to keep all our activities in our home (the advantage of having no kids in school yet). So only people who read my blog really know what we do but there is no way I am doing less activities. (Well at least not until it drives Mark or I crazy) I love them. They make me feel creative and like I am helping my kids see that learning can be fun too. Also as a stay at home Mom I don't have the luxury of going out many places (and we don't have the budget to support that) so doing these things helps shake up the routine of our daily lives. I definitely have the advantage of not having kids in school and I really do understand her point yet reading her article sort of made me feel bad which I really didn't like. Anywho, we had a super fun Easter and I don't think it was that over the top.






No comments:
Post a Comment