4 days ago
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
30 days
Right before we left for spring break we put our town home up for sale (March 27th). 2 days after we got home from Spring break we had an offer! (April 08th) We countered their offer and they accepted so we have been under contract since April 10th. We were so shocked when it sold so fast. The buyers originally wanted to close on May 06th which was just too soon for us. We are now closing on May 23rd which is Mark's last day of school with students. He has to go back on Tuesday after Memorial day to check out so we will be homeless that weekend but we can find somewhere to stay for that weekend. There are always hotels right? The appraisal and inspection have been done so we are just waiting and hoping the buyer doesn't change their mind. I don't think they will but really I don't know them at all so we are hoping for the best. I am super happy I don't have to be ready at 2 hours notice to leave my house for showings. I am so glad we were out of town and didn't have to worry about it. We had quite a few showings those 10 days and got really positive reviews so that was fun. The few times I did have to leave for a showing were tricky so I am so glad we are done.
Now we have to figure out our summer travel plans because the ones we had won't work. We have about a month between our closing and meeting my family in Disneyland. Do we go North first (instead of after Disneyland) than down the Coast to Disneyland than Colorado or hopefully Virginia? Do we stay in Utah until Disneyland then go visit everyone? Decisions Decisions. Right now I think we will go to Utah and stay for at least 2 weeks so if Mark is still interviewing he will have a set place. Ideally he will get a job offer before we close on the house but we can't control these things so we will just wait to see. If he doesn't get a job we are planning on moving into the apartments we lived in when we first came to Colorado Springs 5 years ago and he will still work the school he has been at. I can't really believe we have been here that long. It went by so quickly. It's been a nice place for us but we so hope we can move back East! It is a relief to know that our town home is sold though. We really didn't want to live here anymore. With the newer nicer town homes being built across the street and our Association Fee costing us 133 dollars a month and going up each year we just want to get out of here. We can't wait to find out where we will be heading! It's so strange to not know where we will be 6 week from now! So unlike me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
That's a big deal!! Congrats on having a buyer. Fingers crossed everything goes through ok. Good luck on your move and decisions!
Post a Comment