Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!


 This is how they thought we should take their Easter picture.  
I curled Lydia's hair for church, finishing about 15 minutes before church, sprayed it with hairspray and by the time we got to church it was hard to see a single curl.  I need to try curlers just to see if it lasts longer. 

We started Easter morning off with some delicious bunny buns. I love how they are orange flavored. We did most of our celebrating yesterday and today Jared told me "Bunny buns were the perfect way to celebrate Easter."




Yesterday we had all kinds of fun dyeing Easter eggs and hunting them and enjoying our Easter baskets.  After we dyed our eggs we went over to a library and went on an Easter egg hunt which was super fun. After the hunt we decorated our egg cartons and listened to an Easter story time.  I needed to go to Barnes and Noble to exchange a book we put in Lydia's basket and we got there just in time for story time there too.  After our stories we played at the store for awhile then headed home. Mark had stayed home to meet with the guy who is going to fix his car that has been unusable for the past month.  We are pretty excited to get it fixed.






I had the hardest time with Lydia's basket.  Jared is still completely in love with CARS so his was easy. Jared first became aware of CARS  right around when the second CARS movie came out so I had the hardest time finding him toys from the first movie then because everything was CARS 2.  Now I have a harder time finding CARS 2 items.  Talk about bad timing. In any case his was still way easier than Lydia's.  Lydia like many others loves Frozen. I wanted to get her some little things from the movie and couldn't find anything anywhere (this link talks about it). I would walk into a store such as Target, Wal Mart, and Toys R Us go to the Frozen section and they would have like one item. It was ridiculous.  I looked on Amazon and EBay and couldn't believe the prices and the lack of variety.  It was so weird.  But at Barnes and Noble they had Frozen books and stickers so it worked out in the end. Lydia was super excited. It was just bizarre.  It's hard to believe that a company like Disney would be so unprepared for the demand that would come from this movie. So a summary: after much looking and driving to different stores by me,  Jared and Lydia were so happy about their baskets. When I brought Lydia downstairs she said, "sited" for excited.  I was glad they loved their baskets.

We had 2 kits this year to dye our eggs. One was a CARS kit I bought Jared last year and then left in Colorado when we went to Utah and then I had a princess kit for Lydia. I got the brilliant idea to double up the color tablets so we could have super bright dyes for our egg and accidentally mixed a few colors.  I mixed up the blue and purple tablets so we had no purple dye but a really bright blue so in a way it did work just not how I thought it would. I am not sure what happened to our pink but it was not pretty. Jared and Lydia had fun dyeing the eggs which was the whole point so I say it ended well.


Hunting the eggs at the Library was a hit.  We did it when Jared was around 18 months but hadn't since then. It's fun to see the eggs on the shelves with the books.  Our backyard hunt was also fun.  We told Jared to look for his CARS eggs and Lydia to find her Princess eggs and it worked great. They both enjoyed the hunts.





 I can't believe how old Lydia looks here! 




We also had some more fun with eggs. Jared and Lydia took a fun bath with Easter eggs and had a special Easter Egg snack.






I had Jared play memory with his snack which he enjoyed.  He had to find the matching snack before he could eat it. I tried to do it with Lydia but she was too excited about turning over the eggs. It was fun and one of my favorite Easter activities I saw online that we did.

We had a lot of fun celebrating Easter and are so grateful for this special holiday.  Last night I attended the Easter cantata that Sally Deford puts on each year.  It was a wonderful way to feel the spirit through music.  Last week Jared sang with the Primary kids during Sacrament meeting.  He was just a little distracted. He was right next to the podium and half way through the songs grabbed a tissue from the box up there.  That wasn't so bad but when he took it and placed it on his head that was over the line.  I couldn't really see him because the chorister was right in my line of vision so I heard all this second hand.  I saw him reach for the tissue but I knew he was up to no good when a friend of mine who sits right up from kept looking back at me and laughing. I am glad she was entertained.  She told me all about it when I visit taught her. Oh well.  He will grow out of it one day.

No comments: