Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Smile!!

It's strange to me how sometimes Jared and Lydia love having their picture taken and other times they want nothing to do with it. Since we have been home they have been on more of a love kick and have even asked me to take their picture. I have always tried to explain to them how the pictures I take are the ones we will look at later on the computer so they should look at me and Smile but it doesn't always sink in. Lately when I take Lydia's picture she says "Smile!" She is cute.  As these pictures show.

First time I curled her hair.



While in Utah Sue curled Lydia's hair a few times and Lydia seemed to like it so yesterday I bought a small curling iron so I could curl it. She was so patient while I worked on it. I already knew I lacked the skills to curl my own hair but thought I would be a little better at doing her hair but I wasn't.  It was still cute because she is so cute. I will have to practice a lot more if she will let me.
Lydia also learned a new "trick" from her Aunt Molly while in Utah.  Molly always keeps her cell phone in her bra pocket so Lydia saw her do this a good amount. A few days after we go home I was sitting on the couch with Lydia and she does this:


Mark and I looked at each other and both said "Who could she have learned that from?"  So funny.  She also really likes her "pockets" and loves trying to put things in them.  Sadly for her some of her clothes don't have pockets so she will often try really hard to put things in her pants.  We have found some goofy things but mostly just tissues.

Lydia has also decided she occasionally prefers to go "commando" at nap time and sometime at bedtime. While we were in Virginia Sue would go to get her up and she would be free as a bird! Jared maybe did this once when he was younger but Lydia does it at least once a week.  She is so silly. When I went to get her from her nap today this is what I saw:
 Her underwear and pants. 

Jared thinks it is pretty hilarious. We do not and are so glad she stays dry as well as she does. 

The other day I went to go wake Jared up from his nap.  When I got to his room he was laying in bed waiting for me like this:  Such a sweetie.


Lydia also lately developed an interest in the princess crown we put on her birthday cake. It has been sitting on her dresser since January and she has never taken it down or asked for it. This all changed last week and both of them enjoy wearing it now.




We are still loving our Blender. We are only 7 smoothies ways from our 100th one since February. Yeah it has a counter. Mark makes us a green smoothie most mornings and I love starting our day with them knowing we are getting in some servings of vegetables and fruit. It is the best way for us to get Jared and Lydia and me to eat them.  Sometimes we make one to go with our dinner too and Jared and Lydia get really excited when the smoothie is not green.  They do like them but a non-green smoothie is like a special treat. Our blender is not really that loud. I mean it is but not as loud as they act like it is.


We had the missionaries over for dinner last week so I decided to try out a new dessert. I love chocolate and peanut butter so I found THIS peanut butter brownie cake and made it.  Sadly one of the Elders couldn't have peanut butter (but enjoyed the brownie part) but other than that it was a huge hit. The cake was huge so I had Mark take it to school the next day. Have I mentioned how much I appreciate having a place to send leftover desserts so I don't eat them all? I really do. Jared was not pleased when Mark took it to school. The teachers really enjoyed it which makes me happy.  It was super rich so I felt a little bad that they did not have any milk to go with it. But they still loved it.

Before I frosted it, it called for so much butter!!!


We have been having lots of Easter fun and are excited for the big day!


No comments: