Sunday, April 20, 2014

McDonald's

Last week Jared filled up his charm jar again. When we asked him what he wanted his reward to be he decided he wanted to go to McDonald's.  First just Jared and I were going to go then all of us were going and then he decide he would go with Lydia and I. I think it had something to do with having to wait till Saturday if Mark came along.  We were planning on having hamburgers for dinner the next night so we went out for breakfast instead which I have decided I totally prefer.  When we got out of the car Jared sat down on the window ledge and asked me to take his picture.  He totally read my mind.  Nice pose!


We enjoyed our breakfast and then played in the play area for awhile. We went Friday morning and there was a good sized group of elderly people there with matching McDonald's coffee mugs. I wondered if they meet every week or something similar. That would be fun to do when I am older. I have seen similar things at Einstein's Bagels. They were a fun group and had fun talking to Jared and Lydia.


Sadly Jared has had many charms taken out today. He has been so naughty with his Easter Eggs! He asked me today if he could have one of his candy eggs after breakfast and I said No, we would eat them after church (we have 9:00 church). A few minutes later I hear him go into our downstairs bathroom and shut the door. I went to check on him shortly after and asked him what he was doing. He replied "nothing". I left him alone thinking that was odd and went back a few minutes later.  I again asked him what he was doing then saw the egg and that his cheeks looked like a little chipmunk because he had so many jelly beans in them.  I was so mad!! He got a time out, charms taken out of his jar and a toy from his Easter basket got put in time out. Its one thing to eat some candy but to hide in the bathroom and then lie is a whole different thing.  We talked some and then I just sent him to his room I was so upset. Mark went in and talked to him and then he came and apologized.  It was just so annoying especially since I said he could have some right after church. It wasn't like I said he couldn't have any ever he just had to wait.  And he has had plenty this week.  I really hope he thinks twice or like 5 times before doing something like this again. Part of me is tempted to just throw away all the candy and be done with it! So irritated and he is only 4.

Each night before Jared goes to bed I lay down with him and sing him some songs and we talk about the good and bad things of our day.  It's a nice time to sort of check in with him.  We talked a little about him being sneaky and lying and I hope he got why it was such a big deal to me. I am sure it will come up again but I hope he understands how not okay it is.  Hopefully tomorrow we will be putting more charms in than taking them out.






No comments: