Jared is 6 years old now! We had a great and busy day celebrating him. We started the day off with birthday balloons and his birthday breakfast choice: Lucky Charms. After eating we opened presents and then hurried off to school.
Mark blew these up and then we had fun decoration them.
Personalized balloons? Super fun!
I told him that I didn't have time to make his lunch so I would bring lunch to him at school and surprised him with luck from Chick-Filet. He was so excited. I had yet to meet him at school for lunch this year and had a fun time sitting with him and his classmates. It was funny how they referred to me as "Jared's Mom."
After lunch I hurried home to finish any dinner prep I could and then went back to his school with Lydia and Grandma Sue so we could share some birthday popsicles with his classmates. It was fun to be in his class. His teacher does not encourage parents volunteering (makes me sad) so I have not been in there at all really. We have parent teacher conferences next Monday and I am so curious to hear how he is in class. I really can't tell from his teacher. She has not sent home concerns so I am hoping for the best. I was surprised he picked popsicles to bring in. He sure made my life easy this birthday. Cereal for breakfast and popsicles for his school treat.
After school we hurried home and go ready for his friends to come over. We didn't plan a full out birthday party just invited some friends over for ice cream cake. I din't even make his cake this year! He wanted an ice cream cake so Mark was in charge. I was slightly sad to not be making him a cake but got over it. Mark did a great job. Jared requested vanilla with chocolate chips and chocolate with peanut butter cookie dough. We played for a little while, had cake and opened presents, and then went on a scavenger hunt that Grandma Sue organized. She had asked Jared if he wanted to be given his 20 dollar bill (he has been dreaming about that 20 dollar bill for over a month) or if he wanted to find it. He chose that latter and had a great time searching for it with is friends. We didn't expect Jared's friends to bring presents since it was just a get together for cake but they did and he was so happy with his presents. He has been wanting a Pirate LEGO set and planned on using his 20 dollars to buy it but ended up getting not one but two Pirate LEGO sets. He was so thrilled. I was so impressed that our friends (the Farnsworth's and Shaw's) ended up picking different sets than each other. There are only 3 that I have seen so the probability of that is not very high. He also got some glowsticks from the Wooters and was so happy to light one up tonight. It was really fun. I am so glad Jared has such nice friends we could celebrate with.
We made his favorite dinner Ham, Potato and Broccoli Soup with Meat Rolls and did his birthday interview. Then Jared and Mark rushed off to soccer. If Mark wasn't the coach I would have kept him home so he could play with his new stuff but thought Mark better go. He really enjoyed building his LEGO sets and did a good job following the directions and figuring it out. He has never done a set before and seemed to really enjoy it. We got him a UVA piggy bank (he has wanted one forever) and a stuffed lobster from Maine. (Because we went there last week... and all over New England.) Lydia found some sword toothpicks and picked those out for him. I would say he had a really great birthday!
















No comments:
Post a Comment