Thursday, October 22, 2015

Kindergarten Field Trip


Last Friday Jared's kindergarten class went on a field trip to a Pumpkin Patch so Sue, Lydia and I came along.  It was a beautiful Fall day and a fun little place.  They mostly just went to play, there wasn't any real instruction and all the kids seemed to have a great time. Lydia loved it and Jared had fun with friends.  The pumpkin patch (Round Hill Farm) was just under an hour away near Culpepper. There was not enough space on the bus so the three of us drove out there and I got lost going out there and coming back.  That was a bummer but it was a beautiful drive, at least where I got lost going it was.  Once we got there we played for a bit, went on a hay ride (always my favorite) and then played some more and then had lunch with his class.  I will say that this farm was one of the more smellier pumpkin patch's I have been to.  I am not sure if it was just because everything was down wind of the animals (probably) but man it was smelly.  Lydia had a blast and Sue had a lot of fun hanging out with her. She stuck with Lydia most of the time while I stayed with Jared.  There was some overlap but not too much.  I am glad we could go but wonder if Jared would even care if I did not go? I have always wanted to stay at home and go on my kids field trips and be in their classes but it wasn't really as fun as I thought it would be. Not that it was bad but they were just playing and I was not assigned a group of kids to "watch" out for. I was just there.  Next week his class is having a Fall Festival in class on Thursday (they have no school Friday, Monday and Tuesday!) during preschool. I told Jared I would not be able to come since it was during preschool and he was totally cool with it and told me "he would just have fun with Miss Julie" (His friend Tyler's mom).  I am glad he wasn't upset about it but am a little sad I can't be in his class.  His teacher really does not want parents in there to volunteer so parties like this are kind of the only way to be in there. Especially now that his birthday has passed.  I so wish I could see Jared in that environment but I guess I would prefer it to be when things were going as normal.  I hope he has a great time, I am sure he will.









 They were such friends on this trip. Once Jared left for school Lydia would go downstairs and cuddle with Sue.  Sue said her morning visits from Lydia were one of her favorite parts of this trip. 


 They both loved this rope swing and did it again and again. 


No comments: