Thursday, October 22, 2015

Sunday drive


After church on Sunday we took nice drive (because we hadn't already done enough driving lately) up into Shenandoah National Park.  It was only about 30 minutes from our house and so pretty.  The colors were not as vibrant as in New England but Virginia peaks later than New England since it is milder.  It was a beautiful day, a little windy up there but still nice and I am glad we could go drive up there. We didn't go into the park last year and it was so nice to do it this time. We really haven't spent any time up there since we moved and I hope we can start going more.  It is so pretty with the rolling mountains or layers of them.  I am glad Sue could see it and we had some leftover chocolate from our factory tour so I willingly put it to use to try and get some nice pictures with our kids.  They were good sports and even found some leaves to play in.  We do live in a beautiful place!


Its hard to see the colors but they are out there. 





No comments: