Sunday we went on a family walk before church. We just walked down out street and enjoyed being outside. I am so happy that we ended up buying a house on a "street" that has so many trees and was so colorful.
After church we headed over to the Monticello Trail. We hadn't been in awhile and heard that the colors were peaking and we were not disappointed. Lydia and I go walking there fairly often with my good friend Tara but Mark and Jared had not been in months so they were especially happy to go. It is such a nice, easy, beautiful walk. This time we parked at Monticello and started our walk from the opposite end we normally do. It was a beautiful day and we were glad we made it.
Perfect "Look at me tree"
On Monday for FHE we decided to take a little hike around Chris Greene Lake and then have a campfire at home. The hike was short and perfect. We invited our friends the Shaw's to come and enjoyed going with them. It was perfect Fall weather and when we got home we roasted hot dogs and then made S'mores and had a little lesson. We really didn't get to use our fire pit much in September because it was really rainy so we have been trying to make up for it. In the last 2 weeks we have had 3 campfires. It's so nice to have it there.
Admittedly it is fairly stressful to have 4 kids 8 and under putting sticks in the fire. They did a good job being safe.
Our same friends, the Shaw's installed a zip line in their side yard this weekend and they invited us over to try it out. Jared and Lydia were thrilled. It was super fun! I always see her after school when we pick up our kids so she mentioned that they had set it up and invited us over so we took her up on it. Jared and Lydia were so happy to go to their house. At least 2 days a week either Tyler or Jared ask if we can have a play date. It was fun to surprise them with one. And zip line! It was great. I was not a very helpful person with the zip line as I totally missed Lydia once and she got to the end of the line and got jerked around pretty good. It was like her feet hit the tree holding the rope and it bounced her up so she hit her head on the box the cable runs through. I felt so awful. She took a little break then got right back on! I also totally messed up with Jared. I had walked him up the the top of the line and on that end there is a ladder you use to get on the zip line. The zip line has a cord attached to it so you can pull it back to the starting point. Well, the chord got stuck on the ladder and as Jared was zipping down he got stopped mid zip. We had to untangle the chord while hoping he didn't fall out. He totally pulled the ladder with him and dropped it. I am so glad both kids held on tight! I am maybe not to be trusted around the zip line. We also attended their older Sam's baptism on Friday. It was fun to go and support them. It is great to attend baptisms of friends in particular as Jared and Lydia know them and can related to them. It is fun to hear them talk about being baptized.
We also went over to a friend's house for an "autumn potluck". There were a lot of people from our old ward there and it was fun to visit with them. We played frisbee with Jared and Lydia and Jared is really starting to figure it out. He even caught the Frisbee once which he was pretty stoked about. We feel so blessed to have such fun friends here in Charlottesville. We knew lot of great people in Colorado but I feel like we get together and do fun outings much more often here. Jared and Lydia are old enough for it to work well and I have met such great people. Its nice to have friends! We do love it here!














No comments:
Post a Comment