Saturday, October 3, 2015

Pumpkin Patch!




Jared did not have school Monday so I wanted to find something fun to do.  There is this blog called "Virginia is for Lovers" and it is a great resource for fun outings here.  From one of their posts I found a great list of "pumpkin patch's" to me, "Fall Festivals" to Virginians (and maybe others too). I picked one out that sounded super fun and was having a 5 dollar discount day and made plans to go.  It is in Centerville (Cox Farms) which is just over an hour and a half away but it was worth it.  My friend Tara came with us with her 3 girls (9,6,3) and we had a great day together. 

 This pumpkin patch had it all: hayride, corn maze, super fast, huge slides, live entertainment, free apples and apple cider, a hay pyramid, lots of old and new tractors to climb, animals to visit and even milk, and every imaginable wood cut out to take your picture in. We were worried that we would get rained out but we actually ended up being hot while we were there.  It was such a fun Fall outing. I am so glad we could go with Tara and her girls.  We bought lunches and had a picnic and enjoyed some delicious apple cider donuts. We all loved the slides and were impressed with how tall they were and how fast you went.  They had astro turf at the bottom  of the slides to slow you down and yet you could still find yourself skidding into the walkway! It was great.  I loved that they let you drink as much cider as you wanted, it was just in barrels and if you braved the hornets trying to drink it you could get as many refills as you wanted.  I was surprised at how much Jared and Lydia liked the corn maze.  It had this old bus called "The Vortex" that had a bridge inside it and when you walked across the bridge you had to walk through a spinning lit up tunnel. I was worried I would get sick or possibly Jared but all the kids loved it!  They could have gone through it 20 times and still loved it, I think we did it 4 times.



 The slides were so tall and fast!  I read online that they wax them regularly! 
It was so fun. 


 Most of the kids made beds out of the hay. 


 Apple Cider Donuts and Apple Cider


 Jack and the Beanstock slide. You can't see it but as you walk through the line (which were never long or even really existent)  you see scenes built out of wood from the story. There is a huge beanstalk inside the barn and animals too  As you slide down you go though 2 big giant hands.


 Milking a cow and petting cute soft calves.  They were only 4 and 5 weeks old.  SO cute!


 We even found some pirates in the corn maze.  There was this surprise bridge you walked on and as your weight was put on it it shifted and you totally thought you would fall into the water.

 SO huge!  

We all got to pick out a little pumpkin on our way out and Jared and Lydia loved decorating them at home. It was such a fun day and makes me love Fall even more.



 Jared had to take his picture in all three of these pirates. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! What an awesome place!! Looks like you all had a blast! I wish we could pop over to play there too! ;)