Thursday, October 22, 2015

Saturday morning Surprise!

I went out for a run Saturday morning with the intention of completing a longer run.  During the week I have been only doing 2 miles at a time and I just signed up for a Thanksgiving 5K so I need to start adding some distance. I planned on running to Chris Greene Lake and then walking back home because there is huge hill you go down. I turned on to Chris Greene Lake Rd and was about half way down when 5 pick up trucks passed me in a row. In the back of each truck was a hot air ballon basket.  I then had a decision to make.  Did I stick with my plan and do my longer run or try to run back home and get everyone to the Lake in time to see the balloons be filled up and launched?  I thought about this as I continued running and had decided I would just finish my run because Jared had to leave for soccer in like 30 minutes and we hadn't even eaten when I left so we most likely would not see them anyway but then I couldn't do it. I turned around and ran back as quick as I could.  I walked in the door and let Mark know what I was hoping to do.  He had already had Jared get dressed so he quickly finished the eggs and ham and then let his Mom know what was up and got Lydia dressed. I gathered up soccer things, picnic things, coats and a hat to cover my gross sweaty hair and we were off for an impromptu breakfast picnic at the lake.  We did not tell Jared and Lydia why were taking our breakfast to go but enjoyed their excitement when we got to the lake and they saw the balloons. I am so glad we made it in time to catch one.  Three were already up in the air but at least we saw one.  We could only stay for like 10 minutes then had to hightail it over to soccer.  It was a really fun surprise outing. I love hot air balloons and would love to go on another ride. One day we will take Jared and Lydia. Maybe we will catch them again another week.  I asked they ballooners if they came here pretty often (we have seen them one other time as they floated over our house) and he said it just depends on the wind.  I am so glad it worked out. It was really pretty and fun to see how excited Jared, Lydia and even Sue were.





No comments: